Cheesy Crustless Quiche
After you have your Bariatric Procedure at Pompeii Surgical, you will have to reintroduce food to your system slowly. Your portion sizes will be much smaller than they were before as well, due to the new size of your stomach and not wanting to encounter any stretching of the stomach. In order to reach your health and weight goals, the smaller portion sizes will help you lose weight quickly. It is essential to eat a variety of different foods that have nutritional value so that you are getting everything that your body needs to be healthy.
We at Pompeii Surgical are hoping to provide you with all the tools you need to help your recovery go smoothly, and to continue to be with you on your journey as you reach your new health goals. We are hoping with this section to be able to provide you with some recipes for you to try out that have been selected carefully by us, and some recommended by our patients who have personally tried them out.
We know how overwhelming the aftermath of this surgery can be, and the lifestyle change can be intimidating. We hope to make it easier and a little fun by helping out in any way we can. Rest assured that over time, this new way of eating and viewing food will become a part of your everyday routine.
It is important to eat balanced meals with small portions, follow a low-calorie diet, eat slowly, and chew your food thoroughly so your body can process it. It is helpful to keep a daily record of food portions. After surgery, it is also very imperative to drink extra water in between meals to avoid dehydration.
Do not hesitate to reach out to Pompeii Surgical with any concerns about diet or anything pertaining to your health after surgery.
Cheesy Crustless Quiche
4 oz. cubed baby low fat Swiss
6 oz. grilled chicken breast, cut up into 1" cubes
10 oz. shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
3 large eggs
1 cup skim milk
Oregano to season (if desired)
Non-stick cooking spray
9" pie pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray pie pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Fill the pie pan with the cubed baby Swiss and cubed chicken breast
- Spread the 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the entire mixture
- Sprinkle the oregano on the top to taste
- In a separate bowl, whip together the eggs and skim milk. Pour over the chicken and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes (The top will be very lightly browned when finished)
- Let cool and serve immediately or cover with tinfoil and place in refrigerator.
Feel free to add cooked vegetables to preferences- tomatoes, onions, green pepper.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1/8 quiche)
9 g fat
19.5 g protein